Friday, August 28, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Geeks Who Inspire Me




This week has flown by, and it's time for another 5 Fandom Friday! Today's topic digs a little deeper exploring geeks who inspire me. I'm not always the best at expressing feelings and would rather make jokes, but I think it's important to acknowledge people who have paved the way for geeks to be geeks.


Sir Patrick Stewart 
I've always admired Patrick Stewart, especially his advice that 'how you live is as important as what you do.'  He has also spoken out on several occasions on domestic violence.


The International Geek Girl Pen Pals Club (IGGPPC)
A snail-mail community of geeks who all yearn for the same thing- to be ourselves. Not only are friendships made, you truly feel like you belong. I am constantly inspired by members of the #IGGPPC.

George Takei
He is witty and brave- civil rights activist, proponent for LBGTQ rights, the ultimate optimist. I got so emotional watching To Be Takei and feel in love with him even more as a human being.


Lucille Ball
Maybe Lucille is not a geek in your book, but she is in mine. She has been one of my heroes my entire life. With a legacy of risk taking, she was part of so many firsts in the industry. Lucille never gave up on herself despite criticism or risks to beauty.






































The Angry Video Game Nerd- James Rolfe
He proves generation Y is not an entitled,  lazy generation. James does what he loves and pours passion and effort into his AVGN videos. (Plus his game collection is an inspiration in itself!)























I honestly could name so many more geeks who inspire me, but that's the beauty of it. We're not alone! Who inspires you?

--Sarah Jean

Origin of 5 Fandom Friday
Upcoming prompts:
September 4th -  5 Fandom Deaths I’m Still Upset About…SPOILERS!
September 11th - 5 Broadway Roles I'd Love To Play via @n_williams316
September 18th - 5 Favorite Things About Autumn {first day of Autumn is 9/23}
September  25th - Pumpkin Items Cannot Wait To Purchase

2 comments:

  1. I am so grateful to have found the Iggle community. They have connected me to so many amazing people : )

    ReplyDelete