Friday, October 17, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: Characters I Would Love To Dress Up As For Halloween

It's hard to believe that Halloween is almost here! I am not the biggest horror movie fan, but I have been watching The Angry Video Game Nerd's Monster Madness videos to get into the spirit of things. Every Halloween I want to think up an elaborate costume but always end up throwing something together at the last minute. Plus let's face it- when my boyfriend dresses up like Yoshi, he gets all the attention anyway. 

Since I'm not a blood and gore kind of person, it's no surprise that the characters I'd love to dress up as for Halloween are made up of sparkly rainbow happiness. 


Eureeka of Eureeka's Castle-  I loved this show growing up! I think it would be a lot of fun to do a group costume of the characters. Batly would be my second choice.

Tickled Pink of Rainbow Brite- Since my hair is pastel pink, it's the perfect year to be a character from Rainbow Brite! If I set enough time aside, I think I could make an adorable costume inspired by her.

Andie Walsh of Pretty in Pink- John Hughes movies are the best, and one of my favorites is Pretty in Pink. It would be a dream to pull off a couple costume as Andie and Duckie from the film. Most people would recognize her pink prom dress, but I adore this floral outfit.



Taffyta Muttonfudge of Wreck it Ralph- How fun would it be to be a Sugar Rush racer? I don't like that Taffyta bullies sweet, little Vanellope, but her strawberry hat would be a blast to make and wear.

 
Bonbon from Little Nemo-  Not many people remember this movie and always assume I mean Pixar's Finding Nemo when I bring it up. It's both whimsical and creepy. I want to make a costume for Bonbon. She's the cute clown towards the middle. (if you love Little Nemo too, let's be best online friends.)


This week's Fandom 5 list got me brainstorming, but I better start working on a costume with Halloween only 2 weeks away! Do you have a Halloween costume planned?

Week 1: Gateway Fandoms That Made Me Who I Am Today
Week 2: Geeky Clothing Items I Need in my Closet Immediately

1 comment: